Friday, December 12, 2008

Anniversary Week, Part 2: Easter Eggs.

It was two years ago today that the Desuko Movie Spot was born. I'm happy that I've met my goal of keeping it going at least this long, and I hope it will be around even longer. I want to thank all of you who have been loyal readers, whether you've been here since day one, or you arrived just recently. And I especially want to thank those of you who have taken the time to leave comments; it's always fun to start a good film discussion, and I hope you lurkers will feel free to join in, too.

By way of celebration, I want to look back a little bit and flesh out some of what has come before. I guess you can consider this post an Easter egg or a collection of DVD bonus features. I like to include as many video clips as possible in my reviews, but by not being to extract and post clips on my own (for the time being), I've been relying on the vagaries of YouTube and other video sites -- some of which has been less than stellar. So, some of the reviews have either had no video content, or very little of significance. But in the time since they've been posted, some clips have turned up online, so here they are, along with links to the original reviews, to give you a fuller sample of each film.

The ending of "The Naked City" (1948):


Here is "The Day the Sky Exploded" (1958) in its entirety:


From "Targets" (1968) comes this kinda spoiler-y TV spot:


...and Boris Karloff spinning a classic scary tale:


This clip from "The Addiction" (1995) proves that white chicks are nothin' but trouble:


A TV spot for "The Gong Show Movie" (1980):


...and Phil Hartman's cameo from the same film:


The full version of D.W. Griffith's "Intolerance" (1916):


The trailer for "Ghost Story" (1980):


More "Ghost Story." (Boo!):


A trailer for "Alice Through the Looking Glass" (1998):


The trailer for "Norma Jean and Marilyn" (1996):


The whipping scene from "Queen Kelly" (1929):


The trailer for "Werewolf of London" (1935):

No comments: